Below are 12 essential disciplines for Jesus’/Yeshua’s disciples. A disciple is a learner and a follower. These 12 things are what God has taught and modeled for us through the Scriptures. Being a disciple is all about preparing us to be citizens of the Kingdom of God. The rules of the Kingdom are often times completely opposite the things we’ve learned in this world.
As Messiah’s disciples we must seek God and ask for His guidance and help so we can see these things becoming part of our everyday life experience as Kingdom citizens and ambassadors.
- Reading God’s Word ( Joshua 1:8 )
- Prayer and Fasting (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Witnessing (Mark 16:15)
- Developing a Biblical Mindset (Romans 12:1-2)
- Speaking Words of Life and Releasing Faith (Proverbs 18:21)
- Living in Community with Other Disciples (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Discipline in Diet and Exercise (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
- Scripture Memorization (Psalm 119:11)
- Worshiping God (Exodus 20:2-6)
- Community Outreach (Romans 10:14)
- Giving – Tithes and Offerings (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
- Discipling (Matthew 28:19-20)
After doing this 12 week study how will you apply these disciplines in your life?
Contact us and let us know!