FAITH IN ACTION – THE REAL SOCIAL JUSTICE
Society is full of people who suffer. As disciples of Messiah, God calls us to not only care about those who are hurting, but to do something about it! (James 2:14-18) (Isaiah 59:7-9)
Who are we supposed to care about? For the trafficked, for the prostituted, for the poor, for the homeless, for the addicted, for the lonely, for the hungry, for the broken, for the abused, for the prisoner, for the sick, for the slaves, for the dying?
Why care? For this reason: God cares. Adonai Roi, The-God-Who-Sees.
He is calling our generation to LOVE God with all of our heart, and LOVE our neighbors as ourselves. (Matt. 22:37-39) He is calling for people to DO justice and PLEAD for truth. (Is. 59:4, Micah 6:8) He is calling for people to KEEP righteousness at all time. (Ps. 106:3) He is calling and crying out for FREEDOM for the oppressed, to BREAK every yoke, for bread to be SHARED with the hungry, for the homes for the homeless, for RESTORATION of the streets, and LIGHT to OVERCOME the darkness. (Is. 58)
It’s for KINGDOM INHERITANCE. (Mt 25:34)
Yeshua’s (Jesus’) command is “GO.” Will you?
A Battle Cry: “While women weep, as they do now, I’ll fight; while little children go hungry, I’ll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I’ll fight—while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, where there remains one dark soul without the light of God—I’ll fight! I’ll fight to the very end!” (William Booth)
What Can You Do?
Move out of your comfort zones and research the needs in your community.
Visit orphans and widows
Engage with and make your voice heard in community forums
- Go to dark places and shine light
- Gather people together to go with you as you prayer walk the streets looking for people to talk with and pray for
- Feed the hungry – volunteer at a local food bank
- Clothe the naked – do a clothing drive and hand out clothes to the homeless
- Volunteer as an older brother or sister at a “Boys & Girls” Club
What not to do:
- Being comfort driven
- Hearing but not doing the Word of God
- Rushing through your day without listening for God’s nudges to talk with or pray for people
- Being so busy with “normal” life and entertainment that you have no time for outreach
MORE IDEAS AND MOBILIZATION PROJECTS COMING SOON